Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weekly Log 3-14-11 to 3-20-11

Monday: 0 - sick, but first night of good sleep and no chills. 

Tuesday: 0 - sick, but thinking about running and another good night. 

Wednesday: 5 miles - Rome Point trails with Dan.  I wasn't sure how I would feel doing this, but it went really well.  We ran at a decent pace, and I didn't overdue the mileage.  Total time: 39:38. 

Thursday: 7 miles - Ryan Park trails with Dan.  Warm day - 60 degrees - but not too crowded in the woods.  Another good run.  Wood frogs singing in the vernal pools.  I felt like we were going 7:30ish pace, but was a little surprised that it ended up being 8 flat.  I guess my body is still not 100% yet. 

Friday: 11 miles - Burlingame trails (8M) and roads (3M) alone.  I had to stay home in the morning for a washing machine delivery, and I was able to get in a fun run beforehand.  My plan was to run mostly trails to Klondike Road and then turnaround, but I was feeling good and decided to keep going around the pond.  It was a really nice morning and I didn't see any humans.  I'm pretty sure I heard an osprey (first of season) calling, but I had to keep my eyes on the trail.  I did flush a phoebe from its yearly nest on our front stoop when I got back to my house.    Total time: 1:28. 

Saturday: 0 - fun day with the kids and Glenn and Gina. 

Sunday: 9 miles - Burlingame trails (6M) and roads (3M) with MC.  I ran the roads down to Poquiant Brook where Glenn and Griffin were waiting for me.  Chilly morning - 26 degrees - not exactly what I was looking for on the first day of spring!  Glenn pushed the pace through the woods.  He asked how I was feeling - I responded, "Great!", and then instantly tripped and fell.  It was pretty funny.  We stopped at the Perry Healey covered bridge and then worked our way back to Buckeye Brook Road.  Glenn looked strong and we were going fast.  I added some more trails on the way back to my house and even passed some friendly mtn bikers.  Amazing.  I was happy with the overall pace and effort - 65:18. 

Overall: I was happy to get 32 miles in despite getting over a bad virus.  Back to normal for the upcoming week. 

Weekly Total: 32 miles
Last Week: 32 miles
Year to Date: 431 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment