Thursday, December 15, 2011

Weekly Log 12-12-11 to 12-18-11

Monday: 0 - I couldn't think of any place to run that seemed appealing so I walked instead. 

Tuesday: 11 miles - Rome Point trails alone.  Again, I was lacking in motivation, but enjoyed a drama-free run in the woods and beach.  I spotted an oriole in the cedars on the point and there were people with scopes checking out the seals.  My pace was moderate throughout, but I forgot my watch - about 1:20. 

Wednesday: 11 miles - Quonset Bike Path workout with Calf Pasture Point warm up and cool down.  I wasn't feeling my usual reverse ladder, and wanted to do shorter stuff since I just raced Sunday and have another race this Sunday.  My plan was to do 800's on the bike path - 3 out and 3 back.  I decided to throw in a 200 (approximate) at the end of each set.  Despite tired legs and mind, I was able to muster up a good effort.  Results: 2:53/2:49/2:50/37 2:51/2:52/2:51/38 .  I added a layer and drank some water at my car, and then headed out on my usual cool down.  It was dark and lonely out there.  I was reminded of what time of year it is.  I counted 160 brant on the bay and more flew in.  I also scared up a decent sized deer.  Total time: 1:19. 

Thursday: 7 miles - 2xOld Mtn Trail 5K course with two coworkers.  We met up at the parking lot and successfully navigated our way around the trails.  The river I couldn't cross last week was now just a dribble.  The rocks here are treacherous.  The rest of the trail I didn't scout last time was technical including a jump into and out of a dry creek bed.  We completed the loop in 26:01.  I'm not sure if we followed the course exactly.  Dan and I did a second loop.  We pushed it pretty hard and this time finished up in 24:23.  I can't wait to see how fast I can go on Sunday. 

Friday: 9 miles - Ryan Park trails alone.  I avoided running near the bay with the strong winds today.  I had a really fun, slightly exploratory trail run.  Nice and easy.  Total time: 1:07. 

Saturday:  9 miles - Burlingame roads 7M and trails 1M with Muddy and Jeff.  The latest installment of our early morning runs was roughly half the usual effort as the three of us wanted to be fresh for the race on Sunday.  It was my turn to pick the route.  I wanted to do the Gravelly Hill trails, but it didn't match what we were looking for, so we ran the roads counterclockwise from the Burlingame Picnic Area.  The course was mostly flat accept for two noticeable hills.  Muddy and Jeff were quick to point them out to me.  We finished the run by taking trails to connect Klondike Road with our cars.  Despite being a "short" easy run, it is always fun to get up early and run with these guys.  Total time: 1:13. 

Sunday: 7 miles - Old Mountain Trail 5K - separate write up to follow.  Big team win for WTAC. 

Weekly Total: 54 miles
Last Week: 56 miles
Year to Date: 2400 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment