Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weekly Log 10-10-11 to 10-16-11

Monday: 0 - day off after 7 straight. 

Tuesday: 11 miles - Rome Point trails alone.  A relaxing afternoon run on a busy stressful work day.  I seem to be running this course about the same speed recently.  Total time: 1:17:35. 

Wednesday: 11 miles - Quonset Bike Path workout with Calf Pasture Point warm up (1.5M) and cool down (5M).  After last week's 1x3 mile, I decided to go back to the reverse ladder I've been doing this fall.  I feel a lot more confident in my abilities, and I tried to carry that over to my workout today.  I ran hard and felt like I emptied the tank on each effort.  I'm happy to see my times come down.  The workout: 2 mile/1 mile/800/400 Results: 11:50 (5:58/5:52)/5:51/2:54/1:20.  I think I ran my fastest miles ever.  3 minute recoveries after the 2 mile and 1 mile, 2 minute recovery after the 800.  I stopped at my car for water and to check email and then had a nice cool down out to the end of the beach and back.  Windy and grey - it really felt like fall.  Total time: 1:22:42. 

Thursday: 11 miles - Rome Point trails with Dan.  I forgot to pack running clothes so I had to borrow shorts to get this run in today.  Grey and wet, but no rain.  We ran at a comfortable pace throughout.  Total time: 1:23:37. 

Friday: 0 - oops, messed this one up.  I wanted to do a longish run, but when I headed out on my break, it began raining hard off and on.  I couldn't convince myself to do it.  I should have ran early to beat the heavy rains. 

Saturday: 8 miles - Vin Gormley trails with Jon Short.  We met up at 9AM at the picnic area and followed the trail clockwise.  Perfect running weather and the trails weren't as wet as I thought.  Good conversation as we made our way around the pond.  Near the end I was a little surprised at our time as I thought we were going 8 minute pace, but it was actually slower.  Oh well, it was a nice run, and my legs didn't feel that fresh.  Hopefully they will feel good tomorrow as I'm planning to run a small 5K in Westerly.  Total time: 68 minutes. 

Sunday: 4 miles - Run for the Pumpkins 5K - 1st overall, 19:00.  Hilly course and windy.  See separate race report write up. 

Overall: I was hoping for more miles, but the decision to not run in the rain Friday kept the total down.  The 5K was a blast, and winning my first ever race felt good, no matter the size or competition. 

Weekly Total: 45 miles
Last Week: 63 miles
Year to Date: 1885 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment