Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekly Log 11-7-11 to 11-13-11

Monday: 13 miles - Saunderstown hilly roads (10.2 miles) and Camp Nokewa trails (3+ miles) alone.  My plan was for 11 miles.  I parked at Rome Point and ran north up Rte 1A and then up and down the Plum Point and Plum Beach neighborhood roads.  I then ran down Snuff Mill Rd and up and down the Gilbert Stuart Rd hill.  I took a detour into Camp Nokewa.  I noticed more signage for this now state-owned property, so I thought I would wander around for a better look.  I spent quite some time checking all the side trails and main path.  I think I could string together a 2 mile loop.  I was in there for a little over 24 minutes.  Back on the road, I finished up my run back to my car.  The total time was 1:40:23.  A little longer than planned.  The road section was 10.2 miles which I average 7:27 minute miles.  Just for fun I tallied up the elevation gain on this run using a topo map and came up with 930 feet.  Not too shabby for southern RI. 

Tuesday: 6 miles - Rome Point trails and beach with Tom.  This was a great little run.  Gorgeous weather (almost 70 degrees, bright sun, no wind).  This was a tempo-ish effort, with certain stretches run pretty hard.  We did a little exploring that was interesting.  Got some additional hill work out of it.  We flushed a barred owl and got a great look at it flying through the woods.  Total time: 45:48. 

Wednesday: 11 miles - Quonset Bike Path workout with Calf Pasture Point warm up (1.5M) and cool down (5M) alone.  Despite my tired body from the hills two days prior, mentally I was excited to do my normal reverse ladder workout - 2 mile/1 mile/800/400.  The one difference today was that I opted for a tighter pair of Free Runs, and I was pleased with the results.  The 2 mile is the time I am the most focused on.  I checked my watch every half mile.  Today my times at the splits were 2:54, 5:51, 8:50, and 11:43.  I put in a great effort and was rewarded with a significant PR by 7 seconds.  I was wiped out after completing it, and wondered if I should even bother finishing my workout.  I did finish.  My times were not great, but decent enough based on how tired I was - 5:54, 2:56, 80.  The 400 time was an estimate as I was interrupted by a dog in my lane.  I stopped at my car for water and an email check, and then headed out on the relaxing portion of my run.  Lot's of people out today on yet another spectacular fall day.  Total time:1:23:05. 

Thursday: 0 - dreary and then heavy rains cancelled my planned short easy recovery run. 

Friday: 16 miles - Burlingame trails with Muddy and Jeff.  We were able to schedule our weekend long run on the holiday as we are all running a 5K on Sunday.  A little chilly at the start (6:30) due to the strong winds, especially near the pond.  The trails were leaf covered and the bridges and rocks were a little slippery.  My legs are still tired from Wednesday's workout and I didn't feel as peppy as last week.  We did the same route, but somehow avoided the hunters this time.  These two hour runs breeze by with company.  Total time: 2:04.  My family then spent the day hiking/exploring in Tiverton, RI.  So far away in Rhode Islander terms (over an hour), but well worth the trip.  Separate blog entry to follow. 

Saturday: 0

Sunday: 7 miles - Charlestown FOP 5K - 18:08 4th overall.  52 second PR.  Separate write up to follow. 

Weekly Total: 53 miles
Last Week: 64 miles
Year to Date: 2129 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment