Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Smelling the Roses



After a lot of road work the last few weeks, I've spent the first half of this week back on the trails of Ryan Park.  My legs still don't feel fully recovered from the Blessing of the Fleet race, but from reading Justin and Jen's blogs, at least I know I'm not alone.  I've made the effort (which with my soreness  - mostly hamstrings - has made easier) to slow down my runs.  The weather has cooperated as well - Monday and Tuesday  especially.  Three really enjoyable runs.  I took a couple of photos on Tuesday after noticing the variety of wild flowers still blooming despite the hotter than normal July weather.  Now this is trail running! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I was recovering from running or the humidity! In any case, I finally had a good run this morning in Pisgah with your brothers. Back to chasing miles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, Jonny....I see that your legs are F-I-N-E...doing a 4x800 workout on Thursday? I couldn't even think about doing that this week!!
    Nice job!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping the morning rain cleared out the heat and humidity. I was wrong!! I decided to go ahead with my plan. Not the best idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the workout go? Post some times and feedback, please!

    ReplyDelete