Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Weekly Log: 12-21-15 to 12-27-15

Very busy week interferes with normal running routine. 

Monday: 8.5 miles - Ryan Park trails with Galoob.  Fun to have a lunch run partner in Ryan Park.  Hit up the good stuff on the western side before sticking with mostly wider easy trails on the eastern side.  Total time: 1:08:31. 

Tuesday: 0 - last day in the office for the year.  Then I had to run a bunch of errands.  It rained a lot too.  Celebrated the Winter Solstice with a bonfire at my house. 



Wednesday: 17 miles - long trail run in Burlingame.  My wife and I began together and ran a techy loop of Sammy C's and Vin Gormley trails.  After 55 minutes together, I then headed back out solo.  I circled around Secret, Schoolhouse Pond and Sammy C's trails.  I then did the north camp loop and Lenny's Lane for the next hour.  I finished up on the wider and hillier trails north of Buckeye Brook Rd.  The sun came out (the day was already warm and humid) and I ditched my shirt.  This weather is crazy.  Total time: 2:28:24 with 928' of climbing. 

Thursday: 0 - too much going on. 

Friday: 8 miles - Vin Gormley trail loop alone in the morning.  Merry Christmas!  I was able to head out after presents and breakfast for a HHH run in the woods.  I parked at the red gate on Buckeye Brook Rd and ran the yellow dot trail counterclockwise from there.  Uneventful run other than the fact that it was very steamy out and I again had to go shirtless for the end of the run.  Total time: 1:03:26. 

Saturday: 12.5 miles - Carter Preserve trails alone in the late afternoon.  My running plans again took a backseat as I had hoped to run the Nooseneck 18K.  Too much family stuff going on.  I instead got out around 3pm for a cruise around Carter.  I mixed up my routine to make it longer than usual.  Pretty dark by the end.  Total time: 1:31:48 with 731' of climbing. 

Sunday: 8 miles - CHS track workout alone.  I got a late start - 3:45pm.  We were busy in the morning and then I wanted to watch the Patriots.  I ended up leaving before the end so that I wouldn't end up with 3 zeroes on the week.  I parked at the track and did a cross country warm up of 2.5 miles.  I changed into my spikes (checking up on the game at my car) and then did two laps around the track with strides.  My plan today was to do 200's.  Hopefully a lot of them at 35 seconds.  This first one felt hard but I was surprised to see it was a 31!  Way too fast.  I tried to take it down a notch, but then did 5 more in 33, 33, 33, 33, and 32.  200 rest.  I did not and possibly could not do anymore at that speed.  I jogged for 1000 and decided I would try to do 2 or 3 800's at I pace (2:40ish).  These felt pretty smooth: 2:36, 2:37, 2:36 with 400 rest.  I was stoked!  1 mile cool down on the track in the dark.  Patriots lost.  Total time: 56:02.  If you're keeping track at home, I ditched my shirt again during the run! 

Overall: Well I did manage a long run and a workout and I feel like my fitness is still there.  It's weird taking zeroes however. 

Weekly Total: 54 miles
Last Week: 51 miles
Year to Date: 3,448 miles
December to Date: 225 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment