Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekly Log 9-19-11 to 9-25-11

Monday: 0 - legs in not too bad of shape

Tuesday: 0 - almost ran

Wednesday: 9 miles - Rome Point trails and beach with Dan.  After about 10 minutes my legs felt decent.  It was nice to have company out there as I might have cut it short if I was alone.  Total time: 63 minutes. 

Thursday: 11 miles - Rome Point trails and beach alone.  For some reason I wanted to head back here for the second day in a row.  I ran the beach out to the bridge and back, and then added the hill in a second time to get a longer loop in.  Total time: 1:22. 

Friday: 8 miles - Quonset Bike Path workout alone.  Rainy day, so I figured I might as well run fast in it.  I knew my legs weren't fully recovered from Pisgah yet, but I wanted to do this workout anyway.  I repeated my routine from two weeks ago (2 mile/1 mile/800), but added on a 400 at the end.  Results: 16:38/6:06/2:57/1:21 .  I guess this is what I should have expected.  My cooldown in the steadier rain was sort of terrible.  Total time: 61 minutes. 

Saturday: 0 - family hike at the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center. 

Sunday:  12 miles - Vin Gormley Trail plus roads and trails to/from my house.  I've been thinking about doing more intense workouts now that the summer is over and the 50K is complete.  My plan was to get to the Vin Gormley Trail and then run the 8 mile loop hard.  My past experience is that I can never run this loop as fast as I hope or at race pace.  It was very humid again today and my legs are probably still recovering so I didn't have a great idea what to expect for a time.  I may have started a tad slow as I began the loop on the most technical section, but I felt like I was flying through most of it.  I clocked in at 58:21.  I was really happy with my effort.  The two miles to get home were slow and miserable.  Total time: 1:30. 

Weekly Total: 40 miles
Last Week: 60 miles
Year to Date: 1730 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment