Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekly Log 9-12-11 to 9-18-11

Monday: 6 miles - 3x2 mile hill workout alone.  This was a repeat of a workout I did last year leading up to the Pisgah race.  I wanted to get some hill work in before Sunday's race, and decided that running up and down the Gilbert Stuart Road hill would be "fun".  Unlike last year, today was hot.  My breathing was much more labored than usual.  Then again, my times were significantly faster than a year ago, and I was running faster than I will be during the 50K.  I really liked the mental challenge of no real breaks during the run.  The results (1 mile up/1 mile down): 7:35/7:11 7:49/7:28 7:39/6:36 - 44:20 total.  I'll keep the miles light and easy for the rest of the week. 

Tuesday: 4 miles - Rome Point trails with coworker.  An easy run in pretty warm conditions.  Total time: 30:31. 

Wednesday: 6 miles - Calf Pasture Point roads, trails, and beach alone.  I'm just kind of going through the motions with these short runs.  It was hot today - 87 and a dewpoint of 71.  I spooked a large bird of prey from the rocks that I initially assumed was a hawk, but as got one last look before it disappeared in the woods, I'm pretty sure it was an owl.  Good variety of shells washed up on the beach for RI.  Total time: 48:42. 

Thursday: 0 - wasn't feeling the hot and humid conditions, went shopping instead for wedding clothes. 

Friday: 9 miles - Rome Point trails and beach alone.  I really enjoyed the weather today - should be similar to Sunday, except with a cold start.  I had anxiety dreams about the race last night, which has lead to a nervous day at work.  I was happy to get a nice run in.  I made it out to the bridge again, and on my return, encountered another runner who looked fast.  I've never seen him out there before.  Maybe he's a SCT reader.  More friendly deer on the trails today.  Total time: 68:08. 

Saturday: 4 miles - Gravelly Hill trails with Sarah.  A fun slow trail run with my wife before heading to a wedding in Connecticut and the big race in New Hampshire. 

Sunday: 31 miles - Pisgah Mountain Trail Run 50K in 5 hours and 19 minutes.  A too fast first half lead to a three hour sufferfest second half.  Separate write up to follow. 

Weekly Total: 60 miles
Last Week: 51 miles
Year to Date: 1690 miles

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Pisgah! Keep up the good work.

    JFyffe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Fyffe, and not because I think I'm going to race particularly well. You are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for that crazy race and I'm not even doing it. Jonny got skills.

    ReplyDelete