Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Get Back

I'm just returning from my brother's NH wedding slash yearly Maine vacation.  I have this week off from work as well to celebrate my children's birthdays.  In addition to that excitement, we had a power surge two weeks ago (lightning strike) that knocked out our internet and some other random things in our house.  Today it was finally fixed.  Time to blog again.  Also, I it's time to run.  A lot of activity last week - 6 hikes - Mt. Monadnock (Dublin Trail), Sucker Brook Cove, Pitcher Mountain (kid tantrems on the summit), Flying Mountain, Day Mountain, and Witches Hole Pond (Obama hike) - lots of swimming - Rocky Pond, Kilkenney Cove, Marlboro Beach - and mix in a little rock climbing and some bodysurfing and bodyboarding (Misquamicut).  I'd also like to mention the extreme parenting cross training required to travel and sleep in strange places for 7 nights with two young children.  All this, but no runs.  Time to get back! 

4 comments:

  1. Extreme cross training indeed! I think that's why we didn't go on many vacations as kids- Greg and I were too obnoxious. You and Sarah do a nice job taking the kids to fun places... Glad you came to Cobb Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time. Sorry if the kids woke everybody up early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Log that cross training...I'm a believer...people think that sh*t is easy....we know otherwise!

    Way tougher than any long/speed run I've ever done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a reason that parents smile when they say..."Wait until you have children of your own":)

    ReplyDelete