Saturday, August 21, 2010

Return

This morning I was able to get in my first run in a while.  I did my 12 mile trail run that utilizes the 8 mile Vin Gormley Trail.  I kept it slowish and tried to have fun.  A few "friendly" dogs and trail runners out there today.  Are St. Bernards and black lab/pit bull mixes really friendly?  The pit lab was awfully excited about grabbing my water bottle out of my hand.  At least it gave me a bit of an adrenaline rush to help finish the hilly ending.  My body felt pretty tired after about eight miles and my overall time was slow, but I'm happy that I could run twelve trail miles not in great shape.  My plan is for longer runs and the occasional speed workout to get prepared for the Pisgah 23K. 

3 comments:

  1. Not in great shape?? You haven't lost anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pisgah race-sweet. Let's try and get Bentley up here for that. He can stay at my house! I hope you read this and take me up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need details for the Pisgah debacle...have to work on weekends (at least until October) so I would need to try and figure something out...obviously, the 50k would be out of the question.

    Pass along the info. I appreciate the hospitality, Glenn.

    ReplyDelete