Friday, September 3, 2010

Working Out in Earl

Today I was able to get in a speed workout despite the doomsday media reports about Hurricane Earl.  As of 8pm, we are just now getting any measurable wind.  The day felt tropical, with extremely humid air and periods of rain (some downpours), and judging from what I encountered at the beach last night, huge surf (too big for me
!).  My plan was to do my 4 x half mile (probably should just call it 800) with half mile rests in between on the Quonset Bike Path.  Half way in I called an audible, and decided to make the last sprint a double (1 mile).  Dodging raindrops (much appreciated), these were my results:

2:50 / 2:55 / 2:49 / 6:26

I was happy with the half mile times.  The mile felt hard.  I was 3:06 the first half, 3:20 the second.  This workout will be fun to repeat in drier weather. 

3 comments:

  1. Great workout. Are there 1/4 mile splits on the bike path? If so, maybe you should try a similar workout with 400m rest instead of 800m rest. I don't want to sound like the guy yelling at Bentley, but give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pisgah training run freaked me right out. It's gonna be such a hard race...but FUN! See ya in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete