Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weekly Log 9-27-10 to 10-3-10

I decided to move my log over as a post - I noticed a lot of other running bloggers do this - so I'm just keeping up with the Joneses! 

Monday:  9 miles - Rome Point trails (7m) and beach (2m) with Dan.  We started a little slow, but then picked it up, and hit the uphills aggressively.  We had to long jump over a tidal stream on the beach.  I didn't think I could do it.  Dan tried it first and made it.  I still didn't think I could do it, but I gave it a shot.  Made it!  Both ways.  We ran the full mile and turned around under the bridge.  Very humid out today - felt like summer.  Total time was 1:06:26. 

Tuesday:  5 miles - roads from my office.  I had committed to play tennis, but just before we left, rain moved in.  I was able to sneak a quick run in between showers.  I decided that if I was going to run a shorter distance then I should do it fast.  My plan was to do one mile warm up, run three miles fast, and then run one mile cool down.  However, I wanted my first and last miles to not be too slow, so I ran them at a medium pace.  My results:  7:16 / 19:30 / 7:16.  I had to laugh at the three mile time as it was exactly at my 5K pace of 6:30.  I can't shake that!  My last mile began very slow and I picked it up as my body recovered.  It was obnoxiously muggy out. 

Wednesday: Tennis 6-8

Thursday: 14 miles - Ryan Park trails (2 x 7 mile course) with Dan.  We ran this early to avoid the heavy rains that never came.  Fuel was an issue after I was done.  Another tropical day really drained me - although I was oblivious to this while running.  My feet felt tired after 8 miles, but I sucked it up and stuck with the plan.  Total time - 1:44. 

Friday: 0 - finally it rained.  I was tired after the long run, but still planned to do something.  I got tied up with errands and getting prepared for gig at night.  I did manage 1.5 hours of bass slapping cross training. 


Saturday: 0.  5+ hours of cutting down trees (hand saw) behind my house.  Pard helped out for a while with a chainsaw.  I let him handle the big ones. 

Sunday: 8 miles - Shumunkanuc Hill trails and roads.  A nice early morning run in the crisp autumn air - 47 degrees.  Running parts of the Lil' Rhody course got me pumped up for the race next month!  Corn maze in the afternoon with family and friends. 

Weekly Total: 36 miles

Good week!  I could have easily surpassed 40 miles if I got in a short run on any of the off days.  Looking forward to cool weather. 

Last Week: 23 miles

Year to Date: 927

2 comments:

  1. Damn Jonny, you are putting in some serious work this week! Nice workout, long run, and cross training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see your diversification of cross training (some hard-core musicianship mixed with a dash of illiterate, Chariho wood splittin'). Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete