Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Weekly Log 12-13-10 to 12-19-10

Monday:  7 miles - Rome Point trails with Dan.  After a few crazy days of no running, it was good to get back at it.  We kept the pace pretty fast, and really pushed the big hill and the cedar forest.  Not too wet after the 3-4 inches of rain on Sunday and warm.  Total time - 48:40. 

Tuesday:  11 miles - Ryan Park trails alone.  Ran into Dan about half-way in, and then ran with him for 5+ miles.  A nice relaxing run at a good pace (about 7:15).  Chilly (28 degrees), especially when facing the wind.  Total time - 1:19:50. 

Wednesday: 4 miles - Rome Point trails with Brad.  Easy run in cold conditions - 24 degrees and windy.  Delicious post run coffee.  Untimed. 

Thursday: 13 miles - Rome Point trails (6.5m) and Wickford roads (2x3.25m) with Dan.  We started a little slow, picked it up a little bit, and then a little more on the roads back.  I never got cold today - 33 degrees with a decent wind.  Total time - 1:40:48. 

Friday: 7 miles - Rome Point trails alone.  I wanted to run the beach today and incorporate some sort of speed workout.  I ended up at Rome Point again for the 4th time this week.  I ran about 2.5 miles of trails at a fast pace - 16:15.  I then jogged out to the beach and ran the mile down to the Jamestown Bridge.  The way out was awesome: the wind was at my back, I took off my hat and gloves, and even jumped the stream easily.  I counted 45 brant near the bridge.  After I turned around, it felt much colder and I had to put my gear back on.  This 2 mile-ish section took 18:30.  I re-entered the woods and reversed the 2.5 miles of trails I began with.  I tried to keep it fast the entire time and was happy with a 15:54 split.  Total time - 50:39. 

Saturday and Sunday: 0
Weekly Total: 42 miles
Last Week: 20 miles
Year to Date: 1,357 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment