Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Weekly Log 12-27-10 to 1-2-11

Monday: 0 - plenty of shoveling. 

Tuesday: 7 miles - Rome Point trails alone.  Wow, this was a draining run.  The first trail was easy enough with packed cross country ski tracks in the snow.  As I got further from the parking lot, the trail conditions worsened.  I trudged through virgin snow on the cedar grove trail and yellow dot (except for the coyote and deer tracks).  The snow wasn't deep - maybe 4 inches - but crispy on top - and I was only wearing my trail shoes with Yaktrax.  I reached the beach and couldn't believe how easy it felt (usually it's tough).  I was able to cross the stream with a high tide using blocks of ice that had formed.  Lots of gulls, brant, and starfish frozen in ice.  Unfortunately, I had to return to my car via the snowy trails.  It felt good to finish in a misleading 59:13.  I treated myself to a delicious coffee afterwards. 

Wednesday: 0 - dentist and hanging with my kids - went to the snowy playground and also hiked around the woods looking for animal tracks.  Not alot of tracks around, just some squirrels and a coyote. 

Thursday: 12 miles - Shumunkanuc Hill to Alton to Bradford to Klondike to Shumunkanuc Hill alone.  A nice long morning run on roads.  Chilly start (22 degrees - 32 degrees when I finished).  I ran with my new winter running gear and was never cold or uncomfortable.  I was shooting for a 7 minute pace run, but I knew that was going to be difficult with the up and down course.  My first two miles were sub 7 minutes, but by mile 5, I was at 35:45 (7:09 pace).  I picked up the next two miles as they were mostly flat, busy, and narrow shouldered with the snow.  By mile 9, I was at 63:22, but I had three very hilly miles left.  I gave it a good effort and finished up in 1:26:33. 

Friday: 0

Saturday: 0 

Sunday: ?

Weekly Total: 19 miles
Last Week: 20 miles
Year to Date: 1,396 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment