Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weekly Log 5-23-11 to 5-30-11

Monday: 8 miles - Calf Pasture Point and Mount View roads (some trails and beach mixed in) alone.  Busy day at work and crummy weather.  I wasn't excited about running anywhere, but this run was kind of fun.  Total time: 56:43. 

Tuesday: 10 miles - Saunderstown roads 8M and Rome Point trails 2+M alone.  I ran my hilly loop backwards and instead of doing Plum Beach Rd at the end, I opted for some Rome Point single track.  I spent more time in the woods than I thought, and the run ended up being longer than I expected (a tad over 10).  It felt good to run at a decent pace in the warm humid air.  Total time: 1:12:49. 

Wednesday: 10 miles - Wickford roads 3M alone to Rome Point trails 7M with coworker.  My hamstrings, etc. still feel tight from basketball three days ago (it's tough getting old!), and I didn't feel that great running the 3 miles on the roads.  My pace wasn't bad (7:15) and it was hot.  Running on the trails was so much nicer, and at a slower pace (7:30ish).  Speedwork tomorrow.  Total time: 1:13:46.

Thursday: 10 miles - Calf Pasture Point roads, trails, and beach plus Allen Harbor roads alone.  My legs still feel kind of tired and I didn't feel like doing any speedwork.  I felt pretty good, but I think the heat is affecting my time - 1:15:09.  The plan is to go for 60 this week - 12 miles Gravelly Hill trails tomorrow and then 10 more between Saturday and Sunday in Burlingame. 

Friday: 12 miles - Gravelly Hill trail out and back x 2 alone.  I'm really excited about this run.  It was hot, I just ate lunch, and it was hard.  I really pushed myself.  The trail is so fun to run - lots of hills, tight turns, and all single track.  My first split was 20:07 for 3 miles - by far my fastest for this course.  I felt it right away when I turned around and had to climb.  The uphills felt harder, and I was a tad slower 20:42 (40:49 for 6 miles).  I drank water and a little iced coffee and headed back out.  I decided to take it easier, as I was very pleased with the first lap.  I noticed that after starting convservatively, my pace quickened as my body recovered.  Still, it was a slower split 21:58.  I turned around and felt better on the climbs going back this time.  I tried to push myself the entire time and finished the last 3 miles in 20:57.  I was happy with my total time of 1:23:46 - 5 minutes faster than my previous best, and sub 7 minute mile pace for the entire 12. 

Saturday: 0 - got in some good George W brush clearing cross training.  Flacos and the park at night. 

Sunday: 11 miles - Burlingame trails with Greg.  Very soupy out - felt like a normal summer morning.  We took it slow the first couple of miles.  I got confused on the unmarked mtn bike trails and we ended up repeating a section.  Good thing it was awesome single track.  We passed a lone runner and then a hiker on a usually humanless area.  Our pace definitely quickened, and we were hitting all the fun trails.  We made sure to note any wild azalea and lady slippers.  We finished up by doing the old camp loop and then taking the NST to the beaver pond.  A great run, and a new weekly mileage PR - 61!  Total time: 1:21:30. 

Weekly Total: 61 miles
Last Week: 46 miles
Year to Date: 906 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment