Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weekly Log 8-29-11 to 9-4-11

Monday: 12 miles - Quonset Bike Path and surrounding roads (9M) plus Calf Pasture Point beach and trails (3M) alone.  Great weather.  I decided to not carry water as it was cooler and drier than usual.  I ran the bike path for a while before crossing over to the streets around Quidnesset and Mount View.  Lot's of trees down in this section, including trees still hanging/leaning on telephone wires.  Kind of sketchy.  The beach was in great shape, and there were plenty of shore birds I couldn't identify.  In the woods, I decided to run up the large rock formation (50' above the rest of the flat ground).  At the top I startled a large buck - I couldn't count the points - crazy place to see a deer, except this is the third time it has happened to me (a different deer, and a wild turkey were the other two).  The return on the bike path was a little dull, but a fun run overall.  Total time: 1:35:46. 

Tuesday: 10 miles - Rome Point trails alone.  Another nice day.  I was considering running the hills of Saunderstown, but didn't want the sun exposure.  Lot's of debris on the trails and a couple of blowdowns, but nothing course altering after Irene.  I did a new 10 mile zigzagging loop, but like the others, it comes up a tad short.  Yesterday's run was over 12 so I'm calling it even.  Total time: 69:35.

Wednesday: 9 miles - Ryan Park trails 7M and roads 2M alone.  I had bigger plans for my run today, but my legs were tired, and I'm counting on a long run on Friday I would like to be fresh for.  It felt hot in the sun, and I later learned when I got back to my car that it was 88 degrees.  A lot of big oaks down in the woods here, including some challenging ones to climb around on the trails.  Total time: 70:10. 

Thursday: 8 miles - Rome Point trails alone.  I tried to keep it on the easy side.  I saw a little blue heron in a marshy area - pretty cool sighting.  Total time: 58:38.  The plan is to run 4+ hours tomorrow afternoon in Burlingame.  Anyone interested in joining me for part of this please let me know.  Two weeks to the 50K! 

Friday: 31 miles - Burlingame trails with Muddy (13M) and Jon Short (last 3M).  Total time: 4:21. 

Saturday: 0 - my body is in pretty good shape - thank you trails.  Got in some light cross training of raking, mowing, and frontyard football. 

Sunday: 0 - decided against a short run 

Overall: Another new weekly mileage PR.  I feel pretty good about Pisgah in 2 weeks. 

Weekly Total: 70 miles
Last Week: 43 miles
Year to Date: 1579 miles

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah, I'm hoping to run the short course. Looks like you training has been going well. I hope I can keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete