Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weekly Log 7-25-11 to 7-31-11

Monday: 9 miles - Burlingame trails with Greg.  It was much cooler today, but I would guess by the soupiness that the dew point was high.  We ran in the morning and did a pretty fun loop.  We ran with hats and shirts to keep the deer fly damage down.  Total time: 66 minutes. 

Tuesday: 17 miles.  7 miles AM - Burlingame trails with Greg, Pard, and Joe.  We met up at 7AM at the brook, and then ran around the old campground nice and easy.  It was fun chatting with our cousin from Georgia.  Greg and I picked it up for the last two miles back to my house.  Total time: 54 minutes.  10 miles PM - Rome Point trails and beach alone.  This run gave me the confidence that I will be at full strength on Friday for the Blessing of the Fleet.  I was a little over 7 minute pace the first 5 or 6 miles, and then picked it up to finish under 7 minute pace overall - 68:38.  The weather was decent - not too hot, windy, but muggy.  I felt like I wasn't overdoing it.  We'll see what Friday brings. 

Wednesday: 7 miles - Ryan Park trails alone.  I went old school and parked at the top of the fields.  I debated doing 9 miles, but my legs seemed to think 7 was adequate.  No sense of having tired legs for the race.  Lot's of colors in the fields.  Great day.  Total time: 55 minutes. 

Thursday: 7 miles - Rome Point trails solo.  Another nice summer day for running.  I wish it would be this dry for tomorrow's race.  At least it looks like it will be cloudy.  Total time: 52:30. 

Friday: Blessing of the Fleet 10M Race - 65:59 - 5 minute PR - write up to follow (total miles 11)

Saturday: 6 miles - Shumunkanuc Hill roads and trails alone.  Despite racing the previous night, I was really itching to run again today.  I ran in the middle of the afternoon heat (88 degrees) and loved it, although my legs were tired.  48 minutes.  Nice hike afterwards with my family in the Carter Preserve.  My son loves to hike, and didn't complain once during the 2+ mile loop.  I had the honor of giving my daughter a shoulder ride for all but .1 miles of it. 
Sunday: 8 miles - Shumunkanuc Hill roads and Vin Gormley trail alone.  Another nice day, I got this run in fairly early.  The deer flies were still thick in the woods, so I'm glad I wore a shirt.  I started slow, but finished at a quick pace.  64 minutes.  Awesome swim later in the day with my family in Watch Hill. 

Overall: New weekly mileage PR.  I just have the urge to run everyday when the weather is nice.  I was happy with my race, but not thrilled with my time.  I'm planning for a long training run next Saturday in Burlingame if anyone is interested in joining me for all or part of it. 
 
Weekly Total: 65 miles
Last Week: 19 miles
Year to Date: 1357 miles

1 comment:

  1. That's funny I had a run in Carter on Sat, first time I've been there in a long time. Nice work with#the PRs! JS

    ReplyDelete